I managed about 40 days of skiing/snowboarding this winter and would've loved more, but can't complain. I got value out of my season pass!
First I had to teach Kelly how to wax her board. And she even did Josh's for him too, what a good girlfriend.
And then we had to check out the first downhill race of the ski season. (We all have cow bells to cheer on the racers.) It was pretty boring to watch but amazing to see how fast they go, and a local boy won so that was exciting for everyone.
Zara and I snuck onto the podium before the races.
Then we finally hit the slopes.
Josh on opening day at Sunshine Village. It took him awhile to dig out of this one.
Kelly not long after. She's actually facing downhill on a slope between trees so she couldn't just drag her board through. She took much longer then Josh to dig herself.
(Sorry guys had to put these two pics in - they were pretty funny to watch.) It was great to watch your progession - both so good now!
Same shots; different people, different days.
Me and Scott with all the space in the world. Very spoilt.
Me and Kel.
We even actually skied a few days and I decided I like both skiing and snowboarding.
And then back on a board I had to drag a skier. So wrong! Skiers are supposed to drag snowboarders along the flat spots.
Me, Kel and Josh. So many adventures together in Canada, and more to come in the UK/Europe.
Check out the views at Lake Louise.
Kicking Horse road trip
This resort is a fun place, with it's steep slopes. Most of the runs drop straight off ridge lines.
Ready to ride around one of the ridge lines.
You can't see our view behind us but it's not called Eagle Eye restaurant for no reason. On top of the world with hundreds of mountain peaks around us.
Revelstoke Resort road trip
The road on the way there, complete with frozen waterfalls on the side.
Frozen berries and icecream anyone?
A note in the top hut.
So it was a cold day on the mountain!
Kat and me huddled in that hut trying to warm up.
Images from the gondala.
Looking down over the valley and township.
Josh after he dropped out of the trees and fell into the powder
Bernie cruising out of the trees behind me.
This was possibly the best run of my life. I loved it. And I want to go back to Revelstoke's steep groomers, tree runs and powder one day.
Da gang.
Crazy snow covered trees.
Fernie Resort roadtrip
Images from Fernie around our accommodation, buried under snow, and Fernie ski resort (just the can buried in snow acutally - I forgot to take photos of skiing at this resort). Let's just say this town was buried under snow also.
.JPG)
Me and Kel.
We even actually skied a few days and I decided I like both skiing and snowboarding.
Ready to ride around one of the ridge lines.
You can't see our view behind us but it's not called Eagle Eye restaurant for no reason. On top of the world with hundreds of mountain peaks around us.
Revelstoke Resort road trip
The road on the way there, complete with frozen waterfalls on the side.
No comments:
Post a Comment